Exactly, he is a speech giving lobbyist...nothing more.
Printable View
Exactly, he is a speech giving lobbyist...nothing more.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Youve shown your ignorance time and time again also, wouldnt be talking... with every B HUSSEIN -(which is completely irrelevant). You are just as narrow-minded and blind sighted as anyone else, just another hypocrite. </div></div>
Blind sighted is not to see that everything Obama stands for is Socialist. Healthcare, Redistribution of wealth, etc. I can't believe that there are so many geniuses out there who believe that Obama will cut taxes for 95% of the American people. 95% of the American people DO NOT pay taxes in the first place! The top 5% of wealth in this country already shoulder 40% of the tax base. Ding Ding!!! Does anyone hear, or even care?
Once again, I'll say I am not voting for or like McCain, nor did I vote for or like Bush. But if Barak Obama is elected President we will see a totally different nation in the next 4 years and all I can say to those who support him is...You asked for it.
McCain = Socialist Light
Obama = Socialist Double Helping </div></div>
You do know that he says 95% of WORKING Americans, which you and I both know what he meant there. Again the National Health will not be regulated, you can take it or keep your own. Its aimed at the 47 million without healthcare. The rich shoulder 36% and will be paying 39% under the new plan. And I say the same for the people who voted for bush, you got what you asked for.
And yes it is his MIDDLE name, which is pretty much completely irrelevant and reminds me of that old lady tthat stood up during a Mccain rally.
OK, I will say this real slow so you can hopefully understand. Not all working Americans are paying taxes. Yes, they pay in, but they get back all they pay in because their income is low. Thus they end up NOT paying anything. How do you "cut" their taxes if they end up not paying? These same WORKING people who had to pay no taxes also got a stimulus check. They can also take the child tax credits. Thus ending up MAKING money while paying NO taxes.
I know the wealthy tax rate is 36%. Now pay attention so you can comprehend this...Those wealthy who are being taxed at the 36% rate pay 40% of the total taxes taken in by the Federal Government. 36% of say 1 million is $360,000 dollars. If you make 50,000 you are taxed at 25% which is 12,500. It takes 29 people making 50,000 to equal what that one man paid in making 1 million. Imagine what a man like Bill Gates pays. I can put myself in the wealthy mans place and I wouldn't want to pay more. I am no where near wealthy and I surely don't want to pay more. Can you say that the wealthy man hasn't worked as hard as myself earning his money? Wealth redistribution is NOT the answer. The answer is for the US Government to quit handing out the working Americans hard earned money to every [richard] with their hand out and cut their spending.
From Wikipedia if it helps any....
Tax distribution
Tax concentration coefficient (a variant of the Gini coefficient) is a measure of tax inequality. The higher the number, the more progressive the tax.As of 2007, there are about 138 million taxpayers in the United States,[8] including many who pay zero income tax,[9] estimated to about a third of all tax filers.[10] The Treasury Department in 2006 reported, based on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) data, the share of federal income taxes paid by taxpayers of various income levels. The data shows the progressive tax structure of the U.S. federal income tax system on individuals that reduces the tax incidence of people with smaller incomes, as they shift the incidence disproportionately to those with higher incomes - the top 0.1% of taxpayers by income pay 17.4% of federal income taxes (earning 9.1% of the income), the top 1% with gross income of $328,049 or more pay 36.9% (earning 19%), the top 5% with gross income of $137,056 or more pay 57.1% (earning 33.4%), and the bottom 50% with gross income of $30,122 or less pay 3.3% (earning 13.4%).[11][12] If the federal taxation rate is compared with the wealth distribution rate, the net wealth (not only income but also including real estate, cars, house, stocks, etc) distribution of the United States does almost coincide with the share of income tax - the top 1% pay 36.9% of federal tax (wealth 32.7%), the top 5% pay 57.1% (wealth 57.2%), top 10% pay 68% (wealth 69.8%), and the bottom 50% pay 3.3% (wealth 2.8%).[13]
Other taxes in the United States with a less progressive structure or a regressive structure, and legal tax avoidance loopholes change the overall tax burden distribution. For example, the payroll tax system (FICA), a 12.4% Social Security tax on wages up to $97,500 and a 2.9% Medicare tax (a 15.3% total tax that is often split between employee and employer) is a regressive tax on income with no standard deduction or personal exemptions. The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities states that three-fourths of U.S. taxpayers pay more in payroll taxes than they do in income taxes.[14] The Tax Foundation has stated that the burden of the corporate income tax (a 15-39% tax) falls on customers and workers of the corporations, who are often not rich.[15]
Yes I can say that a good bit of the wealthy havent worked as hard. I'd say the coalminers, nurses, teachers etc work a lot harder. I know my mother who is a nurse busts her ass off driving to Roanoke to spend 5 days a week taking care of cancer patients (not counting the few days a month she picks up at JCMC) deserves a break. My step-father and 2 uncles who spend 6 out of every 9 days in a mine breathing in coal dust deserve a break. Now I personally dont give a rats ass what Bill Gates who has never really done any work (not knocking his accomplishments) pays in taxes, I think he is making it by. I do care about the ones who do bust their butts taxes. You are right, a lot of people get money they dont deserve but every beneficial system is abused by some. IMO Americans were soooooo worried about the Gov. coming in and running their lives, ripping them off etc. that corporations, big businesses have come in and done the same thing they were so afraid of. I dont believe that the Gov. should run everything by any means, but there are plenty of situations where they need to step in and help or regulate like healthcare for example. Cant do that without some yelling "SOCIALISM!", but are the same ones who benefit from the "socialistic" programs.
people want to tax the rich for one reason, because they are jealous. If you were loaded in cash, and I mean loaded.. millions, or even billions like Bill Gates.. you would NOT want to be taxed any more than you already are..
so what if somebody is making 30 million a year, and I'm make $25,000? There is no justification in taxing them more because they are making more money.. that's silly..
Silly? Its only logical.
I wish they taxed everybody 10% (or whatever needed to keep the country running) of their total worth, each year. One time a year - no deductions. You could make things much simpler and do away with every other kind of tax. We already pay constantly...real eatate , gas, sales. Just eliminate them. Find a figure and KILL the first one that wants to spend more than they want to pay. No increase without an agreement to fund beforehand.
There ya go spuds. Common sense rules. And 10% of 1 million is a heck of a lot more than 10% of 25, 50 or 100 thousand. Fair for everyone.
But the thing is ...once you get into the higher income brackets and really the business owners there are places to deduct little items. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] And then the tax picture gets warped FAST. So I have little sympathy for the guy at the very bottom, who pays nothing and the one at the top who pays very little compared to what they make. Like SS, till we got most of a generation that tried to draw at a young age, SS did alright. None of the politicians want to fix anything in my opinion...after Reagan and Bush and Bush, I'll probably try to vote for whoever makes it easiest on me.